DO I HAVE TO HAVE A PET IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE?
- No, everyone is welcome to participate— with or without a pet!
DO I HAVE TO REGISTER EVERYONE WALKING, INCLUDING MY CHILDREN AND PET(S)?
- You will need to register your child(ren) if they are 4 years of age or older. Your fundraising helps IndyHumane save thousands of homeless pets each year, and we encourage participants to fundraise to help IndyHumane save even more! Your registration will give you access to exclusive activities, giveaways, and perks, as well as the limited-edition Mutt Strut 2022 shirt featuring Top Dog, Caleigh.
CAN I WALK, OR JUST WATCH, WITHOUT REGISTERING?
- Anyone attending will need to register for Mutt Strut. Your registration fee covers the cost of the event. Plus, your fundraising helps us provide food, medical care and vaccinations, and helps our animals find their forever home.
IS MY REGISTRATION FEE TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
- Mutt Strut registration qualifies as a charitable contribution and is deductible as allowed by law. Please save your canceled check, registration confirmation, or credit card statement for your records. All donations to individual walkers are also considered charitable contributions and are deductible as allowed by law.
CAN I PICK UP MY T-SHIRT AND PACKET IN ADVANCE?
- Yes, you sure can! We encourage registered participants will pick up their materials before the event. We will have several packet pickups both at our Michigan Road shelter and at some of our sponsor locations around Indianapolis. We will email participants and update this site when dates and locations are finalized.
- In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather or other safety concerns, Mutt Strut registration fees are non-refundable as this is a fundraising event.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A MEMBER OF A TEAM?
- Teams are self-identifying groups of participants whose registration fees and fundraising all count toward a collective goal of support for IndyHumane! Teams are invited to participate in exclusive fundraising challenges for prizes and unique experiences, have access to special incentives and discounts, and are the first to hear about new Mutt Strut features.
WHO CAN START A TEAM?
- Anyone leading a group of people can start a team! Visit the Home page, click “Form a Team,” and you’ll be led through the registration process to create a Team.
Corporate Teams are affiliated with and managed by an individual within a corporation. Typically, Teams are comprised of staff or clients of the corporation. Community/Friends & Family Teams are just that your family, friends, or any non-work group you want to form. Teams are challenged to raise at least $500, but team captains can set any fundraising goal they would like!
If you are not representing a company or group, but still want to have the team benefits, you can form a Family & Friends Team.
WHO LEADS A TEAM?
- Teams are led by up to (2) co-captains who can administer fundraising goals, messages to team members, and communicate with IndyHumane events staff on behalf of the team. Each team must have at least one captain, and co-captains can be added or removed at any time. Team captains will receive special messages from IndyHumane regarding fundraising challenges.
HOW DO I START A TEAM?
- Click the red "Register" button in the header and then click the "Start a Team" button. If you are reforming a team from a previous year, one of your team's captains must be the one to create it. Have any trouble forming your Team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 872-5650 extension 121.
SHOULD I RAISE MORE THAN THE REGISTRATION FEE?
- YES, absolutely! Mutt Strut is our biggest fundraiser of the year to benefit the animals at IndyHumane, so we encourage all participants to raise as much as possible. Individuals will be able to donate directly through your Mutt Strut personal web page. You can also collect donations by check or cash and use the offline donation form to track them. All checks should be made payable to “IndyHumane” and we ask that you include the donor’s full name and address along with the gift amount on the donation form, as well as being sure to identify which Team and/or team member we should credit.
WHAT IS THE “TOP DOG” PRIZE, AND HOW DO I WIN IT?
- The individual who raises the most money for Mutt Strut 2022 will have their pet featured as the "ambassa-dog" of Mutt Strut 2023, which means your pet will be featured on next year’s t-shirt, website, posters, and marketing materials for the event! Learn more on our Top Dog page.
CAN I VOLUNTEER FOR THE EVENT?
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO VOLUNTEER?
- Just like our shelter volunteer program, we ask that all Mutt Strut volunteers be at least 16 years of age to participate on their own, or at least 8 years of age to participate with a parent/guardian (minimum age of volunteers with an adult may vary depending on the volunteer role).
IS THERE A VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION?
- IndyHumane will offer orientation classes for Mutt Strut volunteers. Orientation will be held either virtually or at our Michigan Road shelter.
CAN I BRING MY PETS OR CHILDREN WITH ME IF I VOLUNTEER?
- Please do not bring your children or pets with you while volunteering. Please see the volunteer sign-up page for limitations on volunteer ages and roles. If you have specific questions, please contact email@example.com.
I'M A MEMBER OF THE MEDIA. HOW CAN I COVER THE EVENT OR GET PHOTOS, INTERVIEWS, OR LOGOS?
- IndyHumane can accommodate reporters, photographers, and videographers throughout the day. IndyHumane staff will be available for interviews and photography. Please contact Colleen Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.